I recommend having the following supplies:
- Sketchbook: I recommend a minimum of 80lb paper for light watercolor/mixed-media use. I like Moleskine watercolor journals and Stillman and Birn Alpha and Beta softcover sketchbooks.
- Waterproof Pen: I recommend a waterproof pen such as a Sharpie Fine Pen or Copic Multiliner. You may also enjoy a brush pen or fountain pen. I love the Pentel Brush pen and Platinum Carbon Fountain Pen. Other popular fountain pens for sketching include the Lamy Safari and Sailor Fude 55 pen. You can learn more about a selection of the pens I use on my blog.
- Watercolors: please feel free to paint with what you have! I'll be painting primarily with the Expeditionary Art Palette, as I prefer a small and portable palette.
- Brushes: I'll demonstrate with travel and water brushes which I like for their portability and convenience.
- Extras: paper towel or soft rag to wipe your brushes. I prefer using blue shop towels which can be rinsed and reused.
Here's a short video to take you to the North Cascades mountains, for an ink and watercolor demonstration. Enjoy!